It’s not complicated to heal from ego-based suffering and awaken to your True Nature, deeper than the ego: it just takes commitment, like any other learning process. If you want a spiritual guide or mentor, you’ll find expert help to: live in the present moment, understand your spiritual nature, and develop permanent mindfulness. Many resources for understanding the awakening process are located in my blog, called “Enlightenment Now” which you can access by clicking on “Blog: Enlightenment Now” immediately above the photographs on this Home Page!
In the process of working with you, I’ll also help you to recover from what we in the West call mental health concerns: anxiety, depression and painful circumstances (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). For international clients who are interested in spiritual mentoring, I offer confidential video-conference sessions around the world and accept payments through PayPal or by credit card; rates are offered on a sliding scale depending on your verified income. I work with therapy clients in my office in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
I focus my work with you through several “lenses” or specialties:
Helping you to become ‘Simply Awake.’
This is the process of the total integration of all aspects of the human condition: Shadow, Persona, Ego, Body, and the Transcendent Self, sometimes called Consciousness or Pure Awareness. In this work, you learn to live from a deeper place in you than ego or egotism. I can help you to move into this condition called Awakening or Enlightenment, and to discover what the myths and truths are about this condition. In this process, we work with The Shadow and Persona, which are both aspects of the Ego and must be recognized so as not to cause unconscious suffering, or keep you from understanding and living as the deeper Self.
A critical part of this path is the elimination of your false suffering and the acceptance of the real suffering and limitations of being a human body that has a finite lifespan. It is time to challenge your cynical assumptions that “I’ll never awaken” and “enlightenment is a myth” and shatter the ‘glass ceiling’ of spiritual goals. I can help you do this.
Helping you to heal from anxiety, depression, and painful experiences.
This is the process of discovering and learning:
- how you can feel physically and emotionally better by unwinding the tension inherent in untreated emotional pain, especially longstanding anxiety and depression
- what painful experiences have done to your view of the world, including any history of abuse or neglect (including sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, physical neglect, and/or emotional neglect)
- how you’ve coped with what pain and/or trauma have done to your brain and body (you’ve probably tried to soothe and regulate yourself in many different ways),
- how you can change your view of yourself, others, and the world by examining how your views have been influenced by your painful experiences.
I recommend simple body-based techniques, easy meditation practices, mindfulness, mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and non-pharmacological interventions that can help loosen the grip of anxiety, depression and trauma on your body. When important for your recovery, I will also help you to find a psychiatrist for an evaluation and treatment with pharmacological interventions.
Offering trustworthy credentials.
I have the therapeutic credentials that will help you to feel safe working with me:
- a license as a Professional Counselor in Pennsylvania, #PC005696
- two special certification in Trauma Treatment, one from the Trauma Center of Justice Resources Institute (Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, Dr. Joseph Spinazzola and staff), and one with Dr. Bruce Perry (Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics)
- many years of experience working with people with a history of trauma who self-medicate with addictions, (though I only work with people who are currently in recovery, clean for at least three months)
- and expertise to help you with problems of anxiety, depression, Bipolar Disorder etc.
Along with the traditional credentials, I have the appropriate ‘esoteric’ credentials to go with helping you move into and through the awakening process. I have worked with the following spiritual teachers: John and Betsy Salunek of Unity Church of Christ, Shya and Ariel Kane in New York, Saniel Bonder and Waking Down in Mutuality (including serving as a Mentor and Therapist in their school), the late David LaChapelle, Adyashanti and his wife Mukti, and am currently working with a teacher who prefers to remain anonymous.
Please email or call me today for an introductory consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-454-8034. Though you do pay for this introductory session, the first session is an exploration to decide if you and I make a good therapeutic and/or spiritual ‘team.’ If not, I can suggest other therapists or spiritual mentors; if we decide we’re a good team, we’ll create a schedule for regular visits. I have a beautiful office at a meditation center in Doylestown, PA where you can feel safe and welcome. See more information about the facility at www.UnityBarn.com.