Here you’ll find expert help to recover from: anxiety, depression and painful circumstances (Postraumatic Stress Disorder). You can also find help in how to live in the present and develop mindfulness. You’ll also find I focus my work with you through several “lenses” or specialties.:
Helping you to heal from anxiety, depression, and painful experiences.
This is the process of discovering and learning:
- how you can feel physically and emotionally better by unwinding the tension inherent in untreated emotional pain, especially longstanding anxiety and depression
- what painful experiences have done to your view of the world, including any history of abuse or neglect (including sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, physical neglect, and/or emotional neglect)
- how you’ve coped with what pain and/or trauma have done to your brain and body (you’ve probably tried to soothe and regulate yourself in many different ways),
- how you can change your view of yourself, others, and the world by examining how your views have been influenced by your painful experiences.
I recommend simple body-based techniques, easy meditation practices, mindfulness, mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and non-pharmacological interventions that can help loosen the grip of anxiety, depression and trauma on your body. When important for your recovery, I will also help you to find a psychiatrist for an evaluation and treatment with pharmacological interventions.
Helping Business Owners to Brainstorm.
I have been a consultant to small and large business owners and can offer a unique consulting perspective to help your business to grow and thrive. We can ‘kick ideas around’ and you can have a second perspective on what’s going on in the culture and whether your business ideas make sense. I can also help solve business relationship conflicts. Business consults are private, no notes are not taken, and you are billed privately (rather than through insurance).
Helping Clinicians Get Licensed
One of the great pleasures of having been working since 1998 (in a paid internship), and having been licensed since 2010, is supervising clinicians for licensing. I have supervised four individuals for Pennsylvania Licensing as Licensed Professional Counselors. Right now I have two candidates in the practice doing individual supervision sessions, and I’ll be starting a Supervision Group for 3 or more professionals (as soon as I have enough candidates) in October 2017. Also, while at Penn Foundation as Director, the Trauma Treatment Project, I held a monthly peer supervision group for those clinicians who were training to specialize in working with trauma. Individual sessions are $60, and group sessions are $30/person. See the “Groups Page” for information on the supervision group.
Helping people in the LGBTQI communities.
I have been working with people in the LGBTQI communities as an open and accepting therapist for 19 years, including helping people in these communities to know their true spiritual nature and move them towards enlightenment.
Helping you to become ‘Simply Awake’
This is the process of the total integration of all aspects of the human condition: Shadow, Persona, Ego, Body, and the Transcendent Self, sometimes called Consciousness. In this work, you learn to live from a deeper place in you than ego or egotism. I can help you to move into this condition called Awakening or Enlightenment, and to discover what the myths and truths are about this condition.
A critical part of this path is the elimination of your false suffering and the acceptance of true suffering and limitations. Is it time to challenge your cynical assumptions that ‘I’ll never awaken” and “enlightenment is a myth” and shatter the ‘glass ceiling’ of spiritual goals? If so, I can help you.
Offering trustworthy credentials.
I have the therapeutic credentials that will help you to feel safe working with me:
- a license as a Professional Counselor in Pennsylvania, #PC005696
- two special certification in Trauma Treatment, one from the Trauma Center of Justice Resources Institute (Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, Dr. Joseph Spinazzola and staff), and one with Dr. Bruce Perry (Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics)
- many years of experience working with people with a history of trauma who self-medicate with addictions, (though I only work with people who are currently in recovery, clean for at least three months)
- and expertise to help you with problems of anxiety, depression, Bipolar Disorder etc.
Along with the traditional credentials, I have the appropriate ‘esoteric’ credentials to go with helping you move into and through the awakening process. I have worked with the following spiritual teachers: John and Betsy Salunek of Unity Church of Christ, Shya and Ariel Kane in New York, Saniel Bonder and Waking Down in Mutuality (including serving as a Mentor and Therapist in their school), the late David LaChapelle, Adyashanti and his wife Mukti, and am currently working with David Scoma.
Please email or call me today for an introductory consultation at email@example.com or 267-454-8034. Though you do pay for this introductory session, the first session is an exploration to decide if you and I make a good therapeutic team. If not, I can suggest other therapists; if we decide we’re a good team, we’ll create a schedule for regular visits. I have a beautiful office at a meditation center in Doylestown, PA where you can feel safe and welcome. See more information about the facility at UnityBarn.com.