I bring value to our work together with a quarter million dollars’ worth of training in credentialed degrees and spiritual studies. I have studied human development in its many dimensions for over 47 years. I have an entire album of credentials and academic degrees that you may review in my consulting office in Doylestown, and I’ll be happy to answer any professional questions you have. I have been in the human service fields for over 26 years and in the study of spiritual traditions for 47 years. I have worked with everyone from wealthy heirs of family fortunes, to famous artists and writers, to people on welfare because their job was shipped overseas.
Having worked for many years as a therapist, I now find the practice of therapy alone to be too limiting for what I have to offer. So, I also work with people who may have grown beyond traditional therapeutic modalities, and want comprehensive answers to life’s most pressing questions such as: “Why am I here?” and “What gives meaning to my life?” I do this kind of work by offering assistance to people who want to become spiritually aware.
I have previously worked with a number of well-known local organizations such as Penn Foundation where I was first an Outpatient Therapist in the Recovery Center (addictions), then Director-The Trauma Treatment Project, and finally Director of Training and Education. I bring you over 20 years of experience as a psychotherapist or counseling psychologist (2 in internship),
I currently work with a broad spectrum of clients. I am especially committed to work with international clients in the U.S. and abroad, and do so via Skype. Recent clients have included people from the Congo, American Samoa, Australia, Thailand, Canada and France.
My spiritual credentials come through an organization called Waking Down, a Yoga Philosophy school of awakening. I am also actively involved with Charles Eisenstein and have recently been attending silent retreats with Adyashanti (Adyashanti.org).
My approach is highly interactive and uses dialog, homework, and feedback between sessions to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. With compassion and understanding, I work with you to help: build on your strengths, address your challenges, and attain the personal growth YOU want.
I hold the following degrees and certificates which are available in my consulting office for your review:
- Master of Arts Degree with a Concentration in Counseling Psychology from Vermont College,
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Pennsylvania, License #005696.
- 90-hour Certificate in Traumatic Studies (from Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s Trauma Treatment Center in Brookline, MA),
- Registered Trainer Certificate with LivingWorks (authors of Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training or ASIST),
- Level I Certificate in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics, studies with Dr. Bruce Perry
- Certified Yoga Teacher (ERYT-500 hours) and member of the Yoga Alliance,
- Mentor and Therapist in the Waking Down spiritual community
- Certified Psychic and Energetic Healer,
- Licensed Massage Therapist in New York State (retired)
- B.A. in English and Bible, and
- International Baccalaureate from high school at the United World College of the Atlantic, South Wales, UK.
- Continuing spiritual training, most recently with Adyashanti and a teacher who prefers to remain anonymous.
My first book is a memoir called An Ordinary Being, and is available on Amazon.com in Kindle and paperback versions. I recommend that counseling clients wait to read this book until after their therapy is over. For clients interested in spiritual awakening, mentoring, and coaching, you can find it on Amazon.
In addition, you can find chapters I’ve contributed to other books. One is called The Second Birth. The second is called Dancing in the Fire. Both are about early experiences of enlightenment or spiritual awakening.