What are the specialties of your practice?
(1) My primary specialty is spirituality and the mystical condition sometimes called ‘waking up’ or ‘enlightenment’ or becoming ‘Simply Awake’:
People who want to awaken to their total potential as both finite and infinite. This includes people already at a high level of spiritual integration or awakening, who are having a difficult time integrating the spiritual and the material ‘worlds.’ For those not experienced in spirituality, this would mean a total integration of Consciousness, ego and the body, and living authentically within that integration.
(2) I also work with painful experiences (sometimes called trauma), anxiety and depression.
I specialize in the treatment of anxiety disorders and have helped many people live calmer, more present and focused lives. I’ve worked with people suffering from PTSD and longer-term chronic developmental trauma, so I’m able to deal with the accompanying anxiety and depression quite thoroughly.
What benefits can I expect from working with you?
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, and your core values
- Determining what your current goals are
- Developing your own idea of what’s meaningful to you; discovering your spiritual resources
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek assistance
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, shame, and other emotions
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new goals and ways to solve those problems in your business, family or marriage that keep you from attaining those goals.
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
- Finding balance between money and meaning.
- Reclaiming the role of community and viable culture in your life.
- Shattering the ‘glass ceiling’ of Enlightenment by becoming Simply Awake.
Do I really need help? I can usually handle creating and reaching my goals and solving my problems.
Everyone goes through challenging situations in life trying to reach their goals. While you may have successfully navigated through other difficulties you’ve faced, there’s nothing wrong with seeking expert support when you need it to reach the important goals. In fact, my services are often used by successful people who have worked hard to achieve material success and have enough self-awareness to realize they need a helping hand. That is something to be admired. Our relationship provides long-lasting benefits, support and provides you with someone who holds you accountable to yourself.
Why do people hire you and how do I know if your work is right for me?
People have many different motivations for working with a therapist and/or spiritual mentor. Some may be going through a major life transition (divorce, death in the family, new job, etc.), or are not handling stressful circumstances well. Some require the expertise of a consultant to help them solve a range of other issues such as feeling empty or despondent, anxiety, relationship problems, spiritual conflicts and creative blocks.
Does what we talk about remain confidential?
Yes. Confidentiality is one of the most important components of our relationship. These services require a high degree of trust with sensitive subject matter that is usually not discussed anywhere but in my office, unless YOU choose to disclose it elsewhere. I have learned to be extremely discreet and secretive because it is what clients need, and what the laws of Pennsylvania and the United States demand. I will give you a permission form if you want me to disclose confidential information to someone. By the ethical guidelines of my professions, I cannot release any information about our work without obtaining your written permission on that special form, unless you are or have been abusing a child or elder, or are in imminent danger of homicide or suicide. This confidentiality holds in all situations except a direct court order by a judge (not just a subpoena), and even continues posthumously.